[GRASS-user] NVIZ Seg Faults

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 03:42:51 EDT 2012

Hello Rich,
with Your provided data it's not possible to tell if You can do something.
Things to check:
1) the size of Your computational region. On 32bit system You might
hit a memory limits.
2) check Your OpenGL system. Does glxinfo and glxgears work fine?
3) run nviz under gdb and generate backtrace. Still You might need to
recompile GRASS with --enable-debug to get also debug symbols for all
GRASS parts. --enable-debug is harmless and wouldn't interfere with
normal working with GRASS, it will only help to track down bugs.

Here are some notes I have made for myself on running nviz under gdb
and valgrind:
gdb $GISBASE/etc/nviz2.2/nviz
run -f "$GISBASE/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script"
elevation=elevation.dem at PERMANENT

valgrind $GISBASE/etc/nviz2.2/nviz -f
"$GISBASE/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script"
elevation=elevation.dem at PERMANENT

Maris.

2012. gada 23. marts 02:10 Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> rakstīja: