[GRASS-user] NVIZ Seg Faults

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Mar 23 09:21:34 EDT 2012

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012, Maris Nartiss wrote:

> with Your provided data it's not possible to tell if You can do something.
> Things to check:
> 1) the size of Your computational region. On 32bit system You might
> hit a memory limits.

Maris,

   Yep, this is the reason, and it occurred to me while eating dinner
last night that the 3m map was too big. 80,090 rows * 96444 columns =
7.724.199.960 cells. I'll thin it to 10m and try it again.

   I'm building a new server/workstation but my existing one is the only
32-bit Slackware remaining here.

   I need only one presentation map of all four drainage basins, and the cell
resolution can be much lower for that. A few analyses will be conducted on
all four basins, but most will be on a single basin so I can probably use
the higher resolution DEM.

Rich