[GRASS-user] unsupervised image classification

Milton Cezar Ribeiro miltinho.astronauta at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 17:03:46 EDT 2012

Dear all,

I need to classify a Landsat image on GRASS but I would like to
automatically define the classes, not to define a priori.

Is there a way of I set the input bands on a processing, and the
algorithm find the "signatures" within the images and define the
number of classes?

In this moment I am running I.SMAP, which maybe will produce an
interesting result, but as I am using multi-temporal bands (for 3
different decades) it is not an easy task to defini the
multi-transitional classes.

Thanks in advance

Miltinho - mcr at rc.unesp.br
Laboratório de Ecologia Espacial e Conservação - LEEC
Depto de Ecologia - UNESP - Rio Claro
Av. 24A, 1515- Bela Vista
13506-900 Rio Claro, SP, Brasil

http://www.rc.unesp.br/ib/ecologia/
Fone: +55 19 3526-9647 (office)  19 3526-9680 (lab)
Cel: 19 9853-3220 / 19 9853-5430