[GRASS-user] extract single watershed from r.stream.order-result

Johannes Radinger JRadinger at gmx.at
Wed May 2 08:36:23 EDT 2012

Hi,

I followed the GRASS GIS commands J. Jasiewicz used
in his r.fuzzy paper to extract the streams as rasters
from the spearfish dataset.

What I did so far:

r.watershed -f --overwrite elevation=elevation.10m at PERMANENT accumulation=accum

r.mapcalc accum_abs=abs(accum)

r.stream.extract --overwrite elevation=elevation.10m at PERMANENT threshold=200 stream_rast=stream

Now I'd like to select only one of all drainage networks (watershed). I am interested in the right network of the two main river networks in spearfish
Is there an easy way to get only that main watershed into a new map? I thought about identifying it via the main outflow pourpoint at 602140|4927950...
Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Johannes