[GRASS-user] v.distance problem

Gavin Fleming gavin at afrispatial.co.za
Fri May 4 17:20:58 EDT 2012

Hi

v.distance is not transferring attributes and I can't figure out why.
It's worked before on similar data but not this time around:

v.distance --overwrite from=route1pavementnodes at PERMANENT
to=route1stands at PERMANENT to_type=area
output=route1pavementnodes_conn_lines dmax=2 upload=to_attr
column=stand_id to_column=stand_id

  100%
6702 categories read from the map
6702 categories exist in the table
6702 categories read from the map don't exist in the table
0 records updated
v.distance complete.

output lines are generated but no attributes transferred.

Is there some data preparation step I'm missing perhaps?

GRASS 6.4.1

Gavin