[GRASS-user] High-resolution agricultural land cover from satellite imagery

YAMADA,Yasuharu yamaday at affrc.go.jp
Thu May 17 05:15:09 EDT 2012

> In the description of the two add-on modules, I found reference to two very interesting papers that triggered some more search. In particular, this conference paper by Stabile et
> al. (2009) on Fusion of High-resolution Aerial Orthophoto with LandSat TM Image for Improved Object-based Land-use Classification, uses the same data layers I may access
> (orthophoto + Landsat TM):
> http://www.a-a-r-s.org/acrs/proceeding/ACRS2009/Papers/Oral%20Presentation/TS12-05.pdf

I can find the function of Self-Organizing Map Classifier using
Neural Networks in the Hyperspectral Analysis module of TNTmips software
of Microimages,Inc. in my laboratory.
But it is for the hyper-spectral (maybe over 300 bands) data such as CASI,
not for LANDSAT 7-bands data.

And I wonder whether the fusion data of aerial photo and satellite low resolution
data can be used for computational classification.
The fusion data (panchromatic sharpened data) is suitable for the photointerpretation.

But thank you for your introduction of some research papers.
This is very informative for me.

Yasuharu Yamada
Chief Researcher,
Research Project for Resources Information Technology,
NIRE, NARO Japan
yamaday at affrc.go.jp
http://nkk.naro.affrc.go.jp/