[GRASS-user] mysql error on compiling grass70 source code

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Mon Nov 12 08:57:38 PST 2012

王德辉:

> Well, this error might due to lacking this  command " sudo apt-get install
> libmysqlclient15-dev" to support  C.

Hi Dehui!

(
Please, try to keep the discussion by replying (mainly) towards the list and
(optionally) carbon-copy your post to me or other posters.  It will benefit me,
you and everyone that follows the list.
)

--%<--- code & response --%<---
# on my system I have following installed:
dpkg -l | grep mysql | cut -d" " -f3

akonadi-backend-mysql
libmysql-java
libmysqlclient-dev
libmysqlclient16
libmysqlclient18:amd64
libqt4-sql-mysql:amd64
mysql-client-core-5.5
mysql-common
mysql-server-core-5.5
python-mysqldb

# I think you only need to install "libmysqlclient-dev"
# other dependencies will be automatically installed (?)

# does /usr/include/mysql exist?
ls -d /usr/include/mysql/

# additionally, check the  "/etc/ld.so.conf"  file
cat /etc/ld.so.conf
--->%-- code & response -->%---

Thanks, Nikos