[GRASS-user] wxGUI: how to change database connection parameters in vector file import wizard

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Nov 15 01:23:46 PST 2012

Hi,

Using GRASS6.4.2, I want to import files from a PostGIS database that is
not on a localhost server. I know how to do this with v.in.ogr, but I
was wondering if I can do this in the wxGUI vector file import wizard.
Currently, when I select source type 'database' and format 'PostgreSQL',
I get a list of databases available on my server on localhost.

If I understand the code correctly, in
gui/wxpython/gui_modules/gselect.py, lines 1667ff, the wizard just
launches psql -l and grabs the list of databases from there. Is that
correct ? This thus means that you have to go through the v.in.ogr
interface to define other connections, or ?

Moritz