[GRASS-user] wxGUI: how to change database connection parameters in vector file import wizard

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 01:31:48 PST 2012

Hi,

2012/11/15 Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be>:
> If I understand the code correctly, in gui/wxpython/gui_modules/gselect.py,
> lines 1667ff, the wizard just launches psql -l and grabs the list of

right, the wizard lacks the possibility to define connection settings.

> databases from there. Is that correct ? This thus means that you have to go
> through the v.in.ogr interface to define other connections, or ?

please report a wish if you like.

BTW, in GRASS 7 is used `db.databases` instead of `psql -l`.
Unfortunately in GRASS 6 this module supports only ODBC driver. In
GRASS 7 I have enabled support for PG driver and also added support
for SQLite driver. It's still not perfect.

Martin