[GRASS-user] Spectral Unmixing

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Nov 27 12:56:44 PST 2012

Hi Rashad,

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 9:11 PM, Mohammed Rashad
<mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Markus,
>
> These is the error i got from spectral unmixing module

maybe I was not clear: the module is currently non functional
and needs to be updated and modernized. I write it in 1998/99
as part of my master thesis for GRASS 5.

> GRASS 6.3.1svn (nc_spm_08):~ > i.spec.unmix

The 6.3 version which I sent to use was partially updated by
Brad Douglas (if I recall correctly) to GRASS 6 but not in a
complete stage. So the order would be

- get it running in 6.3 as you try;
- while keeping GRASS 7 in mind (jump over 6.4) which may
  simplify some code structures.

The update "train" was:
* GRASS 5: i.spec.unmix: working with MESHACH numerical libs
  (http://www.netlib.org/c/meschach/readme)
* GRASS 6.3: attempt to rewrite the MESHACH support to LAPACK
  support since the MESHACH library wasn't clear.
  This remained unfinished by me.
* Someone (Brad?) took over to complete this but didn't fully finish.
  This version you are trying right now.

Now we are at GRASS 7 and it is time to get i.spec.unmix up and
running :)

Best,
Markus