[GRASS-user] Parallel GRASS jobs .....

Daniel Lee lee at isi-solutions.org
Wed Nov 28 02:19:21 PST 2012

Hi there,

I do this too and the standard methodology for me is to leave the
resolution the same and change the region's borders. Take a look at the
manual of g.region for guides on this, but let's say I've got the following:

GRASS 6.4.3svn (EPSG4326_WGS84_ll):~ > g.region -g
n=63
s=-63
w=95
e=180
nsres=1.10020395685734e-05
ewres=1.10020399076346e-05
rows=11452422
cols=7725840
cells=88479579984480

Then to reduce the region's size I'd do e.g.:
g.region n=50 s=-50 w=100 e=110

That would "shrink" my region down to the area that I'm interested in.

HTH!
Daniel