[GRASS-user] Can't load Grass 7 on Windows 7

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Oct 1 13:46:21 PDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 10:41 PM, Filipe Dias <filipesdias at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for my ignorance on the subject, but what do you mean by " run "make"
> within the directory and check for the error" ?

It means that a person who is doing local winGRASS compilation
on his/her computer, may please check for the issue. That requires
a development environment (i.e. compiler and more) on the machine
as outlined here:

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/CompileOnWindows

> Meanwhile I tried reinstalling and uninstall/install Grass 7 and I still get
> the same error. If its a local problem shouldn't that have solved the
> problem?

Unfortunately not. We recently made some changes in the XDR
support (needed to get GRASS 7 compiled for Android) in the raster3D
library which apparently does not compile on Windows.

We'll sort it out soon, I hope.

Markus