[GRASS-user] GRASS GIS Web site facelifting upcoming

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Oct 23 23:21:10 PDT 2012

Dear all,

over the past months a group of people has worked on a new Web
site for GRASS. We started at the GRASS Community sprint in
Prague. Soon we hope to substitute the old Web site with the new
CMS based pages (or course keeping the old pages around
under a separate address).

The URL structure will not change too much to reach the well known
pages, we'll try to put redirects as needed. But look & feel will be
finally modern again. Mirroring will become more difficult then for
the CMS pages while the "classical" subdirectories with the various
GRASS versions will persist as before. We'll work out some solution
to this, however, mirroring is perhaps lett important now as it was
in the end of the '90th.

Note:
While the new CMS is already somewhere online we don't want to
advertise that address too much to avoid confusion about the
official URL of the GRASS GIS Web site.

More soon,
Markus

PS: We still need proof-readers, please contact me if you want to help.