[GRASS-user] installing Grass 7 on ubuntu 11.04

Manish Gautam manish.gautam29 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 09:34:45 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am finding it difficult to install Grass 7 on my pc. I use Ubuntu 11.04.
I have tried to install it using the instructions given in the link
http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Compile_and_Install_Ubuntu. However, I am able
to download and install the dependencies.

Another thing is how the command ./configure is to be used on Ubuntu 11.04.
the terminal says the ./configure command not found though the necessary
compiler is already been installed on the machine.

(Can I download the binary file from here
http://grass.fbk.eu/grass70/binary/linux/snapshot/ and install from here ?
Though again I am unable to run the installation script given there or
extracting the tar file)

Thanks.

-

Manish