[GRASS-user] r.basin: Two Questions

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Oct 31 14:19:42 PDT 2012

   The morphometric parameters calculated by r.basin include mean slope and
magnitudo and I'd like clarification of these two.

   The mean slope of the main channel is presented as percent; is 'mean
slope' also in percent? Also, is mean slope measured along the prevalent
oreientation from outlet to highest point on the watershed boundary?

   I assume that magnitudo is Italian and the English equivalent is
magnitude. Is this a correct assumption? In any case, magnitude of what is
calculated?

Rich