[GRASS-user] problem with disk space. Raster data

Antonio Rodríguez antonio.raju at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 13:28:22 PDT 2012

Hi Helmut,
The process was as follows:
1) I defined a newlocation with the coordinates in lat/lon of the NE and SW
corners of the area of the data file, converted to UTM, previously
defining the EPSG code (in my case 32718)
2) Once in Grass I imported my data file (Aster Dem, geotiff format) with
the r.in.gdal tool and forced the data to use the projection defined in my
newlocation. Everything went fine and I am able to visualize my dem with
its new UTM coordinates.

Any idea?
Cheers!
Antonio