[GRASS-user] aspect claculations with integer and float rasters

Carlos Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 16:16:56 PDT 2012

Hi all.

I'm a bit annoyed by some aspect maps here. Using SRTM in a lat/long
location, aspect presents the
usual artifacts at 0, 45, 90, etc. So I tried to convert it to float, but using
new = old * 1.0
in mapcalc didn't worked (I can swear it worked before), so I used
new = old + 0.00001

and then I ran r.slope.aspect again, but my aspect raster still shows
the artifacts.

Does this have any thing to do with a lat/long location?

I'm on OSX with Kyngchaos packages, btw.

best

Carlos

--
Prof. Carlos Henrique Grohmann
Institute of Geosciences - Univ. of São Paulo, Brazil

http://carlosgrohmann.com