[GRASS-user] Nviz and vector

charlie carowan at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 07:46:01 PDT 2012

Hi.  I just started using nviz, and I have been able to sucessfully display raster DEM's and vector lines  (roads).  However, I have been trying to add a vector layer of polygons depicting areas of open space, but only the border of the area is projected as a 1px line, the fill remains transparent.  In an attempt to correct this, I elevated the vector off the DEM, but with the same result.
Both the vector and raster layers display correctly when viewed in 2D.

Is this an expected outcome, or an error on my part? How do I work around this?  Should I convert the vector to raster, with v.to.rast and then add it as an additional layer to show the area fill?

Thanks!

Charlie