[GRASS-user] classification losing class values of training data

Samantha Goodchild-Brown samanthag at geograph.co.za
Fri Sep 21 05:34:47 PDT 2012

Hi everyone

I have imported a shape file of Classification values, labels and RGB
values into GRASS 6.4.1 in Linux ubuntu.
By setting the preferences key column first I manage to make a training
raster map with correct classification values (double digit), but when I
run the classification itself using i.gensig and i.maxlik, my
classification results do not reflect the classification values but
rather something like a feature count (single digit 1-4) which is
something akin to the default cat values on import and not what I want.

I expected my classification to reflect the values of the training data
and can find no way to force it.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Sam