[GRASS-user] [Fwd: r.cost vs. costallocation (arcgis)]

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Apr 2 08:35:19 PDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 7:27 PM, Markus Metz:

> António M. Rodrigues:
>

>> I've been reading about scripting and programming in GRASS, since I
>> believe the solution probably
>> involves writing some code based on r.cost.
>>
>> But of course, any help is welcomed.

A similar (same?) question came up how to perform
http://webhelp.esri.com/arcgisdesktop/9.3/index.cfm?TopicName=Cost_Allocation

> Try GRASS 7 r41926, r.cost got a new raster output option with the nearest
> start point. Is this what you had in mind?

Trying this:
r.cost input=cost_ras start_rast=source_ras output=costsurf nearest=cost_alloc

I got a different result. Input files from the example attached,
they were generated in the NC location.

Wrong usage at my end?

Markus