[GRASS-user] Fwd: Problem with GRASS GIS

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Apr 3 15:06:47 PDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 11:53 PM, Adrian Kirilov
<kirilov.adrian at gmail.com> wrote:
> My last message has been sent accidentally...   :)
>
> Anyway, I cannot run NVIZ command in GUI mode of the program. It just
> doesn't start and nothing happens. And also when I start GRASS GIS there is
> a strange black dos window, which opens within the program. Anybody knows
> what it is it?

You seem to be hit by this problem:
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1891

> When I open GUI with the command 'gis.m' the command gis manager just stuck
> on 'Not Responding' and stops working.
> Any suggestions what to do about these issues? Thank you in advance!

In any case you may want to switch to the "new" graphical user interface
which is wxGUI: http://grass.osgeo.org/screenshots/user-interface/

Which GRASS version are you using exactly?

Markus