[GRASS-user] GRASS 6.4 How to extract point-values from multiple rasters

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 07:44:41 PDT 2013

Hi!
I recently had nearly the same problem .. and solved it in different GIS
Applications .. (there were not so many points i needed) but during
research I found this link

http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/3538/extract-raster-values-at-points

Which you might find interesting especially when looking at
isectpntrst(in="path/to/shapefile", raster="path/to/raster",
field="fieldname")
when it comes to bash ..

or probably
http://gis-techniques.blogspot.co.at/2012/10/extract-raster-values-from-points.html

using R ..

It always depends how you'd like to solve it .. of course it can be done in
GRASS too ..

hope this helps

kind regards
Werner