[GRASS-user] Shapefile and Blank "Native SRS" field?

charlie carowan at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 8 12:40:10 PDT 2013

I uploaded a shapefile as a store, and created a layer, but for some reason, the "Native SRS" field comes up blank, and is uneditable.

I can edit and save the  "Declared SRS" field, and force the declared SRS  and view the layer in Open Layers, where it will display; however its projected approximately 300 miles away from the correct location.

The native projection is known to me, how can I edit and save the Native SRS field  in Geoserver?  The shapefile seems to work fine in Grass GIS.

Thanks!