[GRASS-user] How to force remove broken vector layers?

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 07:01:16 PDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 3:21 PM, Allar Haav <allar.haav at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Several modules (for example, r.drain) produce vector layers that are to
> some extent broken, at least in WinGRASS 7. Most probably something to do
> with database connections as these seem to be missing for them.

Database connections are optional for vector maps. Why do you think
the vector map created by r.drain is broken? What do v.info and
v.category op=report say? The vector map created by r.drain does not
have a database connection, thus also no attribute table. You can add
a table with v.db.addtable if you want to upload some attributes.

> Anyway, I
> still need to use the output files and I've been creating db tables for them
> manually. While they are usable after that, it is nevertheless impossible to
> get rid of them afterwards. Using g.remove, the sample command output is as
> follows:
> Removing vector <vectpath at PERMANENT>
> WARNING: Unable to delete file
> 'C:\GIS\GRASS/Kuigatsi/PERMANENT/vector/vectpath/hist'
> WARNING: Unable to delete vector map
> WARNING: <vectpath> nothing removed
> (Tue Apr 09 13:58:29 2013) Command finished (0 sec)

How exactly did you create db tables? The commands you used are needed
to reproduce and fix the problem.

Markus M