[GRASS-user] Land Surface Temperatures (LST)...

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Apr 9 13:25:58 PDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 9:32 PM, Andranik Hayrapetyan
<andranik.h89 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Good day,
>
> I would like to ask if there is a way to calculate Land Surface Temperature
> LST with GRASS.

Yes, sure (if you have the base data).

> And if it is possible, what I need as an input data?

There are several sensors and options:

Daily data:
- AVHRR satellite sensor (not easy to geocode and such)
- MODIS LST satellite sensor (great option, see below)

16 days only:
- Landsat satellite sensor. See http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/LANDSAT

Sometimes (on demand):
- ASTER TIR

Airplane: usually to be paid

> Which module of GRASS should I use?

It depends on the input data. Do you have anything specific in mind?

See here for a series of LST related (and other) publications:
http://gis.cri.fmach.it/publications/
- esp. Zorer 2013, Roiz 2011, Neteler 2011, Neteler 2010, Rizzoli 2007

Markus