[GRASS-user] How to force remove broken vector layers?

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 11:37:24 PDT 2013

Hi,

On 10 April 2013 14:45, Markus Metz <markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com> wrote:
> IMHO it is a very bad idea to load pygrass together with the gui, as
> bad as loading nviz or anything else that uses ctypes when the gui is
> loaded. Anything that uses ctypes should be started upon user request
> as a separate process. I am going to revert r55395 (tested on
> Windows).

The whole r55395 was more or less an experiment (let's leave it
reverted). But don't understand what caused the error (and how it is
related to pygrass import).

Moreover, I think that pygrass.modules module does not use ctypes. So,
pygrass.modules itself (withou the rest of pygrass) is not dangerous
from this point of view. There are some other problems such as slower
start of the GUI.

Vaclav