[GRASS-user] Number of centroids outside area: difficulty with cleaning

RichardC richtcooper at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 14 05:09:31 PDT 2013

Hi,

> (note the reason the centroids are outside an area is that the area
> boundaries are broken, in which case..)

I tried with various snap thresholds but no outcome was satisfactory.

> perhaps v.extract, to pull only the areas?
After deleting and re-adding categories (v.category), v.extract (type=area)
works partially in that all centroids outside area are gone and the layer is
topologically correct, but the number of areas reported  drops from 13602 to
13504.

Perhaps I'll try working with a smaller region of the layer and then
re-project, instead of the entire layer, unless there is some other option I
could try?

Richard