[GRASS-user] 'Growing' a raster on the edges only

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 23:54:18 PDT 2013

Try r.neighbors function with the mean or medium neighborhood
operation, or, if you are working with categorical values, use the
'mode' neighborhood operation. You can combine the result with the
original layer using r.patch so only the no-data cells at the borders
are filled with the newly created values

You may also have a look at r.fillnulls, which fills in no-data cells
using spline interpolation.

Paulo