[GRASS-user] Help needed for package building for GRASS!

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Mon Apr 15 05:16:03 PDT 2013

Dear GRASS users and developers on Ubuntu,

It seems [1, 2] that there is high demand for up-to-date packages of
both grass stable (6.4.x) and development code (7.0.x) for Ubuntu.

So we have put an overview on the situation on the wiki:
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Packaging

Especially for GRASS 7.0.x we need helping hands.

Please have a look and see where you could help out:
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Packaging#Actions_where_help_is_needed

I have set the build recipies up on Launchpad.
But I _do_ not have the time to maintain the process.

I can help those who would like to get started and improve the situation.
But further to that, there's currently no possibility on my side.

So please come and help to give something back to the GRASS and Ubuntu
community.

For further questions, please use related to the packaging I suggest to
discussion on UbuntuGIS list:
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.osgeo.ubuntu

Kind regards,
Timmie

[1]
ppa for grass 7 Ubuntu Quantal
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.user/46639
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.user/46644

[2]
Help with installing GRASS 7 on linux mint 14
 ad.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.user/46659