[GRASS-user] installing add-ons for GRASS 6.4.2 on Ubuntu fails

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 12:44:02 PDT 2013

I've compiled GRASS 6.4.3RC2.
The add-on installation exits with the following error:

/usr/bin/install: impossibile eseguire stat di "/home/giova/
Data/GRASSDB/3003/PERMANENT/.tmp/xubuntu/16152.0/v.mkhexgrid
/man/man1/v.mkhexgrid.1": File o directory non esistente
make: *** [install] Errore 1
WARNING: Installation failed, sorry. Please check above error messages.

In english it's something like

/usr/bin/install: cannot execute stat "/home/giova/
Data/GRASSDB/3003/PERMANENT/.tmp/xubuntu/16152.0/v.mkhexgrid
/man/man1/v.mkhexgrid.1": File or folder not existing
make: *** [install] Error 1
WARNING: Installation failed, sorry. Please check above error messages.

I've installed system wide with sudo, but I launch GRASS without sudoing.
Could the problem be related to this?

giovanni