[GRASS-user] ZSH Shell

Pierre Stévens pierre at geobsd.com
Thu Apr 18 02:29:06 PDT 2013

I use Z-Shell.

Next to your mail, I've edited '/usr/local/bin/grass70' :

1. Line 783 :
	elif sh="zsh":
		shellname = "Z Shell"

2. Line 792:
	elif sh in ['zsh']:
        grass_env_file = os.path.join(grass_config_dir, 'zshrc')

And Grass70 starts perfectly on FreeBSD with ZSH.

Thank you Martin.

Note : ZSH must be install from ports.
Hence, it is available from '/usr/local/bin/zsh'.
It's not the case with SH,CSH or TCSH which are located in '/bin/'.

The '/etc/shells' file lists all shells available on system.
Some ports (like GIT or ZSH) edit this file automatically.