[GRASS-user] Rendering labels in GRASS Cartographic Composer from vector layer

RichardC richtcooper at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 20 21:21:56 PDT 2013

On closer inspection it appears that the labels layer created with v.label
will not display in the Map Display.

However, I'm able to display labels from the vector layer by ticking the
'attrcol' option.

Maybe there is an option I need to tick or modify in v.label, but I'd be
grateful for any suggestions.

To create the label layer:
v.label map=hydrobasins_africa at hydrolayers column=MAJ_NAME color=red
Labeled 2355 lines.

NOTE: okay there are too many labels to display and v.label.sa might be more
appropriate, but even with the latter I get an empty label layer created (a
different issue I don't know, but I'm just trying to get v.label to work
first)

To display labels in Map Display:
1. Add vector layer and zoom to selected display
2. Add above labels layer into Layer Manager

--> Labels are not visible?

Here is the generated labels file  hydrobasins_africa
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5048532/hydrobasins_africa>