[GRASS-user] Rendering labels in GRASS Cartographic Composer from vector layer

RichardC richtcooper at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 20 22:33:37 PDT 2013

>From the above reference:

> (the default) is measured in map units. So in your case it would make the
> labels sized as 100 meters on the map. If you zoom way out that becomes
> very tiny and the label disappears. (see also the d.labels min and max
> options)

If I set a label size in v.label (pts), then this appears to take precedence
over the label size setting (in map units). However, if I don't set a label
size (in pts), no matter the label size setting (ie., map units), the labels
are not displayed. Or is this because my layer is in lat long degrees?