[GRASS-user] limitations of r.stream.order

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Apr 21 12:20:45 PDT 2013

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013, Carlos Grohmann wrote:

> Is there any limitation on the size of rasters that r.stream.order can
> handle? I'm trying to run it for a large area (rows: 8640, cols: 6480) and
> it gives me several of these warnings: WARNING: Stream network may be too dense...

Carlos,

   Try adjusting the threshold in r.watershed that you use to create the
accumunlation map. All the r.basin.* series are sensitive to threshold size,
so everywhere you specify a threshold value try increasing it -- greatly --
until you get a number that works for your needs.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.          |   Integrity - Credibility - Innovation
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.   |