[GRASS-user] grass vector model, cats and layers concept

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Mon Apr 22 05:41:58 PDT 2013

Thank you Moritz,

> - I'm not sure I like the difference in size of cat values between
> layers. It gives the idea that there is one important and two secondary
> layers.

Sorry, I don't understand. Cats values are all the same font size in the
drawing (I turned "1" values to sth else, perhaps an optical illusion)

> - Your attribute table examples all show the classical GRASS usage of
> category values as indicators of type (type of path, type of plot).
> Maybe, just to make that point clear, you could use a table with
> individual cat values for each feature and a second column with type.

You mean showing that "cat" is nothing but a key column, not necessarily
refering to whatever values in an /exotic/ source of data ?

+
I changed column name "cat" to "type" for layer 2
I added a category to feature #13 that table does not hold.

http://www.toraval.fr/telec/catsnlayers_3.zip