[GRASS-user] r.sun use - automaticcaly stopped process ?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Apr 22 12:55:30 PDT 2013

Hi simo,

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 10:51 AM, simogeo <simon.georget at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> I use version 6.4.2 as package on a 64bit. From what you said, the LFS is
> not enabled - the wiki page mentions only 32 bits systems. Now, it's clear
> enough.

So you got it precompiled? Then it might be a good idea to notify the
package maintainer about this.

This page seems to be updated:
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Compile_and_Install_Ubuntu#GRASS_GIS

> Iv' just installed GRASS7 using ubuntu-gis PPA. Could you just tell me if I
> can share the GRASS database folder between both grass versions (6.4 and 7)
> without messing up files?

Basically yes: raster format is the same, vector is convertable easily:

http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Convert_all_GRASS_6_vector_maps_to_GRASS_7
(also back, see there)

Markus