[GRASS-user] r.sun use - automaticcaly stopped process ?

simogeo simon.georget at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 07:19:15 PDT 2013

Hi,

Hamish : Thanks again for all precision regarding resolutions and RAM use.
All given examples in your last message give me a better idea of what I can
do with my dataset/system config.

The reason, I want the best resolution is that I'm calculating sun
irradiation on buildings (roofs). A 0.2m resolution is ideal. 0.5 can be
accurate enough ... 1m is just acceptable! ;-)
Will try to optimize my treatment by processing my raster file not on the
full extent but on each administrative boundary and then merge them).

Markus Metz-3 wrote
> That's why there is the numpartitions option. Try r.sun
> numpartitions=

>  1>

Indeed, but I'm calculating shadow and /numpartitions/ option does not work
with /-s/ flag (shadow) or /horizon/ option. Thanks anyway.