[GRASS-user] Fwd: Re: ppa for grass 7 Ubuntu Quantal

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Mon Apr 22 13:33:14 PDT 2013

Dear Rashad,
thanks for answering!

> I can help you with building packages for GRASS. I am already pushing
> grass70 packages in ubuntugis-testing. So I am ok with packaging.
Nice.

> Please tell me what to do? Is there anything special about grass PPA?
As you can see here:
https://code.launchpad.net/~grass/+recipe/grass70
the packages are building nicely.

But on my 12.10. starting GRASS returns:

###
 grass70

WELCOME TO GRASS 7.0.svn

   1) Have at your side all available GRASS tutorials

   2) When working on your location, the following materials
      are extremely useful:
      - A topo map of your area
      - Current catalog of available computer maps

   3) Check the GRASS webpages for feedback mailinglists and more:
      http://grass.osgeo.org
      http://www.grass-gis.org

Hit RETURN to continue
Starting GRASS GIS...
python: can't open file '/usr/lib/grass/etc/gui/wxpython/gis_set.py':
[Errno 2] No such file or directory
Received EXIT message from GUI.
GRASS is not started. Bye.

###

--> this means there's something wrong in the debain/rules

If you could fix that, I think we are well off.

Just branch with bzr:
https://code.launchpad.net/~grass/grass/grass70_release_debian

change and upload again.

If you do not want to wait for LP builds, use pbuilder locally to test
your changes.

Feel free to ask if you have more questions!

Kind regards,
Timmie