[GRASS-user] Fwd: Re: ppa for grass 7 Ubuntu Quantal

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Wed Apr 24 14:15:15 PDT 2013

> could you please test latest build of grass70 package for quantal?
>
> startup error seems to be gone but install extension has some issues
> related to g.version script
I get for grass70:
Hit RETURN to continue
Starting GRASS GIS...
python: can't open file '/usr/lib/grass/etc/gui/wxpython/gis_set.py':
[Errno 2] No such file or directory
Received EXIT message from GUI.
GRASS is not started. Bye.

I get for grass (6.4.x):

3D view mode: /usr/lib/grass64/lib/libgrass_ogsf.6.4.3svn.so: symbol
TIFFSetField, version GDAL_1.8 not defined in file libgdal.so.1 with
link time reference

Shall we track those error in the LP bug tracker?

Which one? UbuntuGIS or the GRASS project one?

Thanks for coming in and regards,
Timmie