[GRASS-user] Input data format and read multiple files into Grass 6.4.1

R.S. Bhalla rsbhalla at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 20:34:48 PDT 2013

Hi Szilard,
This is for the last bit of your question, not sure if I understand the
earlier part of what you were asking.
I've been using a loop written in R (spgrass6) for pulling in multiple
files, I'm sure you can write an equivalent loop in pygrass. Example for
vector import below, you should be able to do something similar for
LiDAR files. Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Ravi

## Start R from within the GRASS console (I simply launch rstudio so I
have a nice environment to work in)
## Load the required libraries
library(spgrass6)

## Specify the directory where your data sits
datadir<-"/xyz/xyz/xyz/Data/"

## List out the maps you want
vectlist<-c("map1", "map2", "map3",.....)

## Note that GRASS automatically assigns the input file name to the output.
## Also note that the overwrite flag, you are creating a new grass dataset
## For rasters you'll want to set the region and resolution using
g.region first.
i<-1
while(i<=length(vectlist)){
   execGRASS("v.in.ogr",