[GRASS-user] updating GRASS

ouspensky ouspensky at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 23:54:41 PDT 2013

I had to update GRASS for some technical issues.  I now have two copies
different version of GRASS on my machine installed at different locations.

The first install came with my QGIS install
The second install was from winGRASS installer

1. which one does QGIS use?
2. how to get rid of the old one, and make QGIS recognize the new one?

Whatever I do I need to be able to fetch and run GRASS add on modules

using GRASS 6.4.3 & GRASS 6.4.3RC2 on Windows7
path to original GRASS install:
E:\Programs\Quantum GIS Lisboa\apps\grass\grass-6.4.3RC2

path to new GRASS install:
E:\Programs\Quantum GIS Lisboa\GRASS GIS 6.4.3

-R