[GRASS-user] FW: r.fuzzy.system: specifying raster file?

Johannes Radinger johannesradinger at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 08:55:13 PDT 2013

Hi Beatrice,

I traced down your problem(s) with your files for r.fuzzy.system. First,
thank you for the minimal examples. That were great for tracing the problem.
So there were three problems:

1) you defined two output levels (res1 and res2) in your .MAP file but you
used different levels in your .RUL file (rul1 and rul2)

2) you did not include the shape factor (e.g. "linear") in the definiton of
your output classes

3) And the real problem that caused all your problems were the line
endings. You're probably working on Windows and the Windows text editor you
used for creating your files have by default a different definition of a
"new line". This is different to Linux line endings. Common simple
texteditors do not show which line endings are in use so it is really
difficult for a user to realize that there are different line endings (I
had the same problems some months/years ago). So what I did: I am using now
TextWrangler on my Mac as text editor of my choice. This program and
probably many others (also for Windows) allow to change the definition of
the line endings to Unix-like "newlines". Just change that and than your
fuzzy system will work smoothly (tested with GRASS6.5 so there is no need
to run r.fuzzy.system in GRASS7)...

/Johannes