[GRASS-user] FW: r.fuzzy.system: specifying raster file?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Aug 19 12:32:35 PDT 2013

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 5:55 PM, Johannes Radinger
<johannesradinger at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Beatrice,
>
> I traced down your problem(s) with your files for r.fuzzy.system. First,
> 3) And the real problem that caused all your problems were the line endings.
> You're probably working on Windows and the Windows text editor you used for
> creating your files have by default a different definition of a "new line".
> This is different to Linux line endings. Common simple texteditors do not
> show which line endings are in use so it is really difficult for a user to
> realize that there are different line endings (I had the same problems some
> months/years ago).

Wild guess: use the function G_getl2()
http://grass.osgeo.org/programming7/getl_8c.html#a4bf86e666fda18059c42b0f5eca6f9bd
"Gets a line of text from a file of any pedigree.
 This routine is like G_getl() but is more portable. It supports text
files created on various
 platforms (UNIX, MacOS9, DOS), i.e. \n (\012), \r (\015), and \r\n
(\015\012) style newlines.
"

... to import the text file? It is used for example in v.in.ascii/points.c.
(I didn't look at the r.fuzzy.system code if that's feasible)

Markus