[GRASS-user] Major changes in the temporal framework

Sören Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 30 18:23:22 PST 2013

Dear all,
just for your information:

I will commit several modification to the temporal framework (grass7
trunk) in a few minutes. :)

The modifications are not backward compatible, hence existing temporal
databases, independently from the used backend (sqlite or postgresql)
WILL NOT WORK with the new framework.

The modifications:
- Removed the creation of a register table for each registered map,
which speeds things up massively
- Added modification time to space time datasets
- Added aggregation type to space time datasets that will be set by
t.rast.aggregate
- Keeping the SQL scripts as simple as possible
- Removed foreign primary keys and created indexes for primary keys in
sqlite3 (postgreql does this automagically)
- Using delete trigger instead of foreign primary keys in postgresql backend
- Removed unneeded SQL scripts
- Using Python dateutil module for time string parsing if installed,
or a much more simpler parser without time zone support
- Added GRASS environmental variables to allow registration of maps
from different mapsets in a space time dataset
- Simplified code for map registration
- Code cleanup ...

Best regards
Soeren