[GRASS-user] Count points in a network between two locations

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Feb 5 08:54:11 PST 2013

On 05/02/13 16:56, Markus Metz wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 5:22 AM, Moritz Lennert
> <mlennert at club.worldonline.be>  wrote:
>> On 04/02/13 18:54, Moritz Lennert wrote:
>>
>> in the code of v.distance, there is a TODO at that point related to
>> this issue:
>>
>> "/* TODO: all cats of given field ? */"
>>
>> So, either we have to enhance v.distance to take into account all cat values
>> in a given layer, or for this particular issue, the old version of
>> v.net.allpairs is actually easier to use. Maybe a flag to v.net.allpairs
>> could allow to not remove duplicates ?
>
> In the current version, v.net.allpairs does not remove duplicates, it
> avoids duplicates.

Yes, sorry for the misformulation.

> The current output is more in accordance with the
> GRASS vector model, but if this output is more (or too) difficult to
> post-process, it can be reverted to the old behaviour.

I'm all for the accordance with the vector model, and so am not sure I
would like to see this reversed. Ideally, it is v.distance that would
need to be enhanced to take into account multiple cats in from and to
features.
However, if enhancing v.distance proves a bigger challenge, I thought
that maybe we could create a flag in v.net.allpairs that if set would
create output in the old way (duplicate lines) in order to allow
treatment such as the v.distance one I explained.

> I would suggest
> to wait for some more feedback.

Ok.

Happy hacking at the sprint !