[GRASS-user] getting from DBF to SQLite

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 15:50:15 PST 2013

Richard wrote:
> Is it is possible to set a single SQLite database
> for the entire GRASS GIS database or each mapset requires
> its own sqlite db file?

organize your system as you like, but be sure to ask yourself what
happens to portability with 32bit machines and/or filesystems when the overall DB file gets to be larger than 2gb or 4gb in size.
Even per-mapset sqlite DBs worry me a bit for that, not to mention
the damage-fallout from a bad HD sector or accidental `rm` and
ease of moving stuff to another mapset/ system by hand.

Hamish