[GRASS-user] getting from DBF to SQLite

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 00:38:57 PST 2013

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 12:50 AM, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Richard wrote:
>> Is it is possible to set a single SQLite database
>> for the entire GRASS GIS database or each mapset requires
>> its own sqlite db file?
>
> organize your system as you like, but be sure to ask yourself what
> happens to portability with 32bit machines and/or filesystems when the overall DB file gets to be larger than 2gb or 4gb in size.

The maximum file size of a SQLite db is 140 TB, independent of the
architecture, i.e. LFS is always there. Usually SQLite will hit the
maximum file size limit of the underlying filesystem or disk hardware
size limit long before it hits its own internal size limit [0].

Markus M

[0] http://www.sqlite.org/fileformat2.html