[GRASS-user] i.landsat.toar comments have only 0 value

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Fri Feb 15 04:29:45 PST 2013

On Friday 15 of February 2013 08:58:48 Daniel Victoria wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Daniel!

> I just ran i.landsat.toar to get the radiance values for a TM5 image and I
> noticed that the comments in the output metadata (from r.info) have some
> problem.

Which metadata file did you use?  *MTL.txt or *MTLold.txt?

> 1) I asked for radiance output but the comments says the image is
> reflectance. Image values are consistent with radiance values so I believe
> the line in the comments is wrong.

True, I confirm this when using *MTL.txt (the new version/structure for Landsat
metadata files) -- didn't check with the old yet about this issue.

(cc-ing  YannC as there are a few other minor glitches.)

> 2) Values for earth-sun distance, digital number range etc are all 0.

Again, using the old *MTLold.txt file, this looks fine (e.g. tested with the
scene LE71840312002041SGS00.

[rest deleted]

Nikos