[GRASS-user] Converting from xy location to latlong projection

Darren Slevin d.slevin at ed.ac.uk
Fri Feb 15 14:20:04 PST 2013

Hi,
I imported the Global Land Cover Characteristics database v2.0, but
cannot get it to have a latlon projection. By using the Force Lat/Lon
maps to fit into geographic coordinates option, I keep getting the
error: The '-l' flag only works in Lat/Lon locations.

I tried it without this option and I imported the dataset but with the
XY location (unprojected) map projection. I would like to convert the
xy location projection to latlon. Ive tried using the r.proj command,
but it assumes that I already have a raster map with the latlon
projection available. I also tried to do it through the Settings tab
of the GUI, but wasnt successful. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
regards,
Darren

--
Darren Slevin
Postgraduate Research Student

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.