[GRASS-user] Problem in install Extensions from addons

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 16 17:06:46 PST 2013

Rebecca wrote:
> Sorry to chip in but

thank you for doing so, the more feedback we have the more
obvious the problems and solutions will be.

> I have been having trouble with add-ons in Ubuntu for ages -
> Hamish's response to Carla's email inspired me to try again,
> here's how far I get...
>
> First up specs:
> GRASS version: 6.4.3RC2
> Platform: Linux-3.2.0-37-generic-pae-i686-with-Ubuntu-12.04-precise

So that I can replicate, what does 'dpkg -l grass' from a
Terminal window say about the exact package version?  (i.e. is
the package from ubuntugis or grass ppa or ...?) You may need
to pull the terminal window very wide to avoid the end of the
version number from being chopped off.

> I have the same error as Carla when installing through gui
> so switched to terminal.

(I think the problem with the wxGUI python version is something
to do with MODULE_TOPDIR; am looking into it)

> g.extension extension=r.out.kml svnurl=http://svn.osgeo.org
> /grass/grass-addons/grass6 prefix=/home/becca/.grass6/addons
>
> but this still ends in an error full export attached as txt
> file.

looking at the build log, it seems that the module was installed
ok, just that the `man` version of the help page failed to
install for some reason, but that is a minor inconvenience.
-> Try running it, does it work? Does 'locate r.out.kml' show it
in your addons dir?

Hamish